User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 10:24
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > divx / xvid > converting iso's to .divx...
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Converting ISO's to .divx...
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Shugs81
_
14. February 2011 @ 10:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,

I've recently started backing up all my dvd's onto the computer and was wondering if there was a way to convert them so that I could keep the Menu's and chapters...
looking here it says that .Divx supports both...

as I've filled a 2tb drive in about 2-3 weeks I was hoping to shrink them down a bit and possibly being able to stream them?

any help or advice would be awesome!

Thanks
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
14. February 2011 @ 12:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
MKV does as well tho not all stand alone dvd players support it,one assumes videos have already been processed to remove the crap if not you'll need either dvdfab or clonedvd,you'll also need to check whether any of the extra's are really worth keeping this in turn saves more space also goes for the movie do you really need the menu's on all of them,once done drop the video folder onto menu shrink & clik process this'll remove any animated menu functions so instead now becomes a still,the menu will still work it saves anything 0-700mb,(the processed menu will be in a backup folder inside the video folder,tho once ready to convert you'll need to place the backup folder else where)that's as far as i can go you'll have to read guides or the instructions from whichever container you choose to save as,it would most probably be best to start with the smallest movie as a test run

bert02
Account closed as per user's own request
_
15. March 2011 @ 22:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
this is not directly related to the OPs post but the title is, i dont mind about chapters and menus

i have a bunch of ISO files on my computer that i would like to rip to divx/xvid

iv tried fair use wizard and even with the tutorial its too much hands on

what i have been doing is mounting the iso via daemon tools
using dvd decrypter and ripping it using the ifo mode
then using auto gk inputting the file and creating an output file name adding it to the job queue and setting the next one up (once the settings are set in auto gk i dont need to change them) and can add the next 1 to the queue easily, fair use is just weird

now i have worked out how to streamline this process further by using "extract now" which is a gui for batch extracting that uses winrar or 7zip im guessing

so now i can batch extract my isos all to the folders saving the time of re ripping in ifo mode (set and forget)

then adding the files to autogk is the same as b4
so thats all easy enough but is there an easier way?

what im looking for is something that i can add the isos to, it auto extracts them finds the correct vob file and creates the output filename from the iso or the folder name the file was located instead of how autogk uses the vob filename

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. March 2011 @ 22:31

Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
15. March 2011 @ 23:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Better to start your own thread:
perhaps check imgburn it has the thing where you can preload but i'm not sure if it will work in your case,imgburn is the much updated burning engine of dvd decrypt

EDIT:Just seen on home page power iso software

edit2 : aww crap it's bloody shareware hang on iso buster is free

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. March 2011 @ 23:17

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > divx / xvid > converting iso's to .divx...

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork