User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 00:05
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > divx / xvid > how to convert dvd tv series to individual high definition episodes
Show topics

Forums
Forums

How to convert DVD TV series to individual High Definition Episodes
  Jump to:

Posted Message
nsctsunom
_
15. November 2010 @ 21:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tools i'm currently using;

1. AnyDVD HD v6.7.2.0
2. HandBrake v0.9.3 or RipBot264 v1.16.3

DVD TV Series:

I bought all of Dragon Ball Z DVD's from my local retail store, but since i have a big collection i have no room at home because I have other DVD collections as well. So this is why i have decided to back all my DVD's onto my HDD.

I only have problem with Dragon Ball Z because these DVDs which I bought are in Full HD, and the other DVDs are just standard quality which was easy for me to convert.

I have already used AnyDVD to backup the DVDs to my HDD, i don't know what settings to choose for "resolution" and "bitrate" and to choose the right audio with the right English subtitles to convert them to mkv or avi.

I have all the Dragon Ball Z series from 1 - 9 all in digitally remastered Full HD.

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Se...9873745&sr=8-1

If anyone has the same DVD's, then you would know what i am talking about when i say in each DVD it has 3 audio options

1. English with Japanese Mono
2. English with US Mono
3. Japanese with Japanese Mono

And 2 subtitles options (but really only 1 option because the English with English doesn�t work.)

I want to back the Dragon Ball into individual episodes and convert them into mkv (high definition and reasonable size = 150mb-200mb � 1gb is it the limit).

Can somebody here please help with step 2 and help choose a suitable resolution and output size. I also want the output container to be either mkv or avi and in High Definition because the DVDs are in Full HD.

For step 2 convert DVDs to individual mkv (HD) episodes what programs would you recommend and how do I use them correctly?

I have sort of tried RipBot264 but when I saw the output estimated time which was around 1hr 30mins I canceled it.

I mean 1hr 30mins for a 22mins episode sounds wrong when AoA DVD ripper and HandBrake can do it around 25mins.
ddp
_
15. November 2010 @ 21:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This thread is closed and therefore you are not allowed reply to this thread.

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > divx / xvid > how to convert dvd tv series to individual high definition episodes

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork