User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 20:52
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video playback problems > avi file playback problem
Show topics

Forums
Forums
AVI file playback problem
  Jump to:

Posted Message
VH770
_
28. March 2014 @ 06:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi all,

I've recently recorded an AVI file with a camera that works fine. The recording is roughly 34mins, however when playing back (VLC, or windows media player) the first second of sound is heard (and the video is fine), but then the video freezes and the sound cuts off. It then plays for another 34mins like that (frozen vid/no sound).

I would normally just assume the recording was bad but the fact that it plays for 34mins (when the recording is that long) gives me an impression perhaps the video file is fixable.

i've tried virtualdubmod to re-save, divxfix+ to strip index and re-save, and divxrepair and none of them have helped.

any ideas? have i just lost the video?

thanks
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
28. March 2014 @ 13:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
try klite full be sure in settings selection on install mediainfo is ticked,then check last in list that "visit website" is unticked & see if it can play it,you will also be able to right clik the avi & see what video & audio is there assuming the avi is not corrupted which by the sounds of it;it is

_
28. March 2014 @ 15:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i had a dodgey avi file.I opened it in window movie maker and checked playback which seemed fine, saved it as video and it worked.It lost a lot of quality but it did play back fine.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video playback problems > avi file playback problem

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork