User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 21:50
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video playback problems > bdp-s185 dvd+r playback
Show topics

Forums
Forums
BDP-S185 DVD+R playback
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Lightning19
_
9. February 2013 @ 18:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am in the process of converting my VHS tapes to DVD. I created a DVD+R with the converted video, and the .VOB files show up in Windows Explorer.

The DVD+R plays fine on a cheap, older Phillips DVD player, but the Sony BDP-S185 Bluray player does not recognize the disc. The player is listed as being DVD+R compatible.

I burned the disc using the VHS to DVD software (Honestech VHS to DVD Deluxe 5.0, and with CDBurnerXP, but both attempts failed).

Is there any way to burn the DVD+R so that it could playback on the Sony Bluray player?

Thanks.
rulisky
_
11. February 2013 @ 09:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When you dubbed the VHS to DVD did you FINALIZE the recording? If you did not, they probably will not play on a different player. Also, what brand of +R disc did you use? Use a quality brand. Some players are picky about the disc they will accept. Try your existing disc on another player to see what happens. If the disc works on one stand alone player, but not another you can be fairly certain it is a "brand" issue and not your procedure.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video playback problems > bdp-s185 dvd+r playback

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork