User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 20:30
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video playback problems > play files one after another
Show topics

Forums
Forums
play files one after another
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
10. April 2014 @ 06:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Converted some video files to AVI XVid put them on a NTFS USB in one file
When we put the USB into a TV it only plays the first one. No matter what settings we used it still only plays first one
Is there anyway of getting the to play in order assuming the TV is in capable of do it

Advertisement
_
__
_
11. April 2014 @ 02:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Found this http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/virtualdub_join_avi.cfm Can I take that after I have added two together I can then add the resultant avi file to the next one in the list and so one or can I have more than one join at a time
Thanks

AfterDawn Addict
_
11. April 2014 @ 05:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Converted some video files to AVI XVid put them on a NTFS USB in one file
How did you join these multiple files into one file?

As you can see in the link you provided, to simply join (append) one file to another, they have to be identical.
They must use the same codecs (example:all are XviD files with mp3 audio);they must have the same resolution (example 640x480);they must have the same frame rate (example 25 fps).

If the files are not identical, they must be re-encoded into a common format before joining.
Virtualdub can be used for appending multiple files, but it is very insistent that the files are exactly alike.

A more forgiving program for joining identical files is AviDemux.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio...ls/avidemux.cfm
_
11. April 2014 @ 09:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My bad that should have been one folder. That's the problem with working with paper hard copies that go into cardboard files
The files all were mkv files all were encoded to avi at the same time in one batch using the same strings and by the same programme. So apart from the title each should be the same as the rest

AfterDawn Addict
_
11. April 2014 @ 14:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If the files are identical and you wish them joined to form one large file, then AviDemux should do it.
File > Open, then File> Append for subsequent files.
Leave everything on the left side menu as 'Copy' then File > Save.
_
14. April 2014 @ 08:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tried joining the using virtualdub add extra files chose to keep video and audio the same.
The resultant file is all the other files in one but won't play on TV but the original files did
Thanks for help so far.
_
14. April 2014 @ 08:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
PS avidemux crashed before it finished TWICE

AfterDawn Addict
_
14. April 2014 @ 09:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Have you tried joining two files instead of multiple files as a test?
If that fails, get the details of the two individual files from MediaInfo and post the results.
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
20. April 2014 @ 04:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tried again.Checked both sets of files they were identical in every way. When I added first file to to join a popup says avi has variable bit rate resulting in sync problem. All files had same bit rate
Have converted files now to MPeg2 which plays on TV. Will now try to join them into one.

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video playback problems > play files one after another

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork