User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 08:11
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video playback problems > repair old vhs tapes
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Repair old vhs tapes
  Jump to:

Posted Message
disne
_
26. October 2012 @ 06:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is there a way to restore old vhs tapes?
Is there a way to repair my vhs tapes?
I have plenty of vhs tapes that have been there for around 12 years they are a rare collection of original disney movies(they are dubbed in arabic and i don't think i can easily find the whole collection on dvd),the thing is that some movies started to hv sort of distorted or un clear frames especially when the movie is about to end i know this doesn't seem technical but around the end of some movies the image is damaged and it blurrs with these black and white lines that i could hardly see the picture i hv tried rewinding it a couple of times(and when it's rewinding the frames look fine) but it won't go and and i tried other tapes but they were ok
Can i do something about it? Could it possibaly by the vcr?and not the tapes
P.S:my vcr is old
ThX in advance
AfterDawn Addict
_
26. October 2012 @ 17:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
plaplasticman
_
30. October 2012 @ 06:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi

2 things for you to think about :

vhs tapes really only had a shelf life of about 6 years , longer if they were kept away from direct sunlight and stored properly. If you have 12 years and they still run you really are fortunate(thats not to say ,i have translated 20 year old tapes to dvd)

how often do you clean your vhs player? dirty heads are a common cause of tapes getting corroded and wearing.
Advertisement
_
__

_
JST1946
_
30. October 2012 @ 06:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just donated all of mine to someone else that can use them and bought the DVD's or made a back up of them.They take up to much space in the house.

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. October 2012 @ 06:57

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video playback problems > repair old vhs tapes

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork