User User name Password  

Sunday 28.4.2024 / 23:10
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video playback problems > seagate external wont play video_ts!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Seagate External Wont Play Video_TS!
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jzak
_
31. May 2014 @ 11:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey Guys,

So Ive got this external Seagate hard drive which is connected through USB 3.0. With the USB 3.0 connection, the drive seems faster (about 90 Mb/s) then my internal SATA drives, but when I play a VIDEO_TS on either KMplayer, or My Movies, the movie freezes up. I cant even skip a chapter without the player crashing. When I play the same movie through my other drives, I dont experience any problems.

I changed the cashing option on the drive to optimal performance, but It didn't change anything. I'm even thinking about cracking the damn thing open, and put the external drive in the computer.

Can someone help me here!

Thanks!

Josh

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 31. May 2014 @ 14:28

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
31. May 2014 @ 15:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
See if you can run a Benchmark on the disk;see if the graph takes a nosedive at any point.

http://www.hdtune.com/download.html
Scroll down to the free version.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 31. May 2014 @ 15:20

jzak
_
31. May 2014 @ 18:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
See if you can run a Benchmark on the disk;see if the graph takes a nosedive at any point.

Scroll down to the free version.
Thanks for the link! Unfortunately, the program wouldnt even let me run a test on the drive. First, it recognized the drive capacity as 500GB (My drive is 4 TB), then when I started the test it said "Read Error, Test Aborted."

I'm connected through a PCI-E to USB 3.0 card, so thinking it was maybe the card, I connected it to a normal USB connector and got the same result.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 31. May 2014 @ 18:43

AfterDawn Addict
_
31. May 2014 @ 19:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Try the Pro version - it's newer and says it has a 15 day trial.
jzak
_
2. June 2014 @ 21:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
Try the Pro version - it's newer and says it has a 15 day trial.
I think i've got a more serious problem with that external Seagate. I hooked up my little portable Seagate usb 3.0 powered 1tb hard drive and everything worked perfectly. I was playing "16 Blocks" flawlessly, while copying several other movies AT THE SAME TIME!

There is obviously something very wrong with my 4tb external drive. I'm open to any suggestions!
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. June 2014 @ 07:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I would hook the drive up outside of the enclosure, backup your files, format the drive and see if you can reproduce the issue.

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video playback problems > seagate external wont play video_ts!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork