User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 03:02
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video playback problems > this girl needs codecs help
Show topics

Forums
Forums
This Girl Needs Codecs Help
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
13. January 2013 @ 21:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I need Help! I'm not a computer genius..my friend sent me videos from Japan that are AVI files but my Windows Media Player says the codecs are wrong. I have Windows 8 and there seems to be so many codec downloads available. How do I know which one to download and will I just be able to play my AVI files or do I need to decipher things and configure stuff...O-o...I started to download one here but its EULA wanted to add toolbars and change my browser and put all kinds of stuff on my comp. I don't want that! I just wanna see my AVI files. Help?? :)Thanks!! Bree

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. January 2013 @ 21:20

Advertisement
_
__
JST1946
_
13. January 2013 @ 21:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here is a codec pack made specific for Windows 8.It will uninstall all the other ones so you don't have a conflict with any of them.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio...ws_8_codecs.cfm

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
_
13. January 2013 @ 21:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by JST1946:
Here is a codec pack made specific for Windows 8.It will uninstall all the other ones so you dont have a conflict with any of them.

Thank you so much! I will give it a try... :)
JST1946
_
13. January 2013 @ 21:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Your welcome.No problem.I hope it works for you.

_
14. January 2013 @ 07:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by JST1946:
Your welcome.No problem.I hope it works for you.
Hey thanks! Okay I got questions...I was getting ready to install this and in big red letters it said UNINSTALL ALL codecs before installing this comprehensive package. I have NO clue what to do...do I need to uninstall something first and how would I do that? I'm just not computer savvy enough :/
Advertisement
_
__

_
JST1946
_
14. January 2013 @ 23:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can go to your control panel then go to add or remove programs then look for the codecs you installed the remove them.

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video playback problems > this girl needs codecs help

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork