User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 10:12
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video playback problems > weird movie corruption?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Weird movie corruption?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
itsJENmofo
_
11. July 2013 @ 09:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a collection of movie files mainly mkv and avi.

I will be watching a movie/tv file when at random times, a segment lasting 2-3 seconds of a COMPLETELY different movie/tv file will start playing.
The 2-3 seconds of the original file are replaced with this segment.

I can reproduce this with the same file if I rewind and play again.

This is an annoyance more than anything(volume differences scare the crap outta me.
I'm hoping someone can at least help me figure out what might be causing this problem. Faulty hard drives? Defragging issues(I use defraggler)? Have you ever heard of this happening?
_
12. July 2013 @ 05:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ive had that happen with mp3 files.the song would play then halfway through another song would be in then goes back to original song.usually i just rip the song again or download it again.
think it happened to me when i was moving the songs from 1 computer to usb and had about 30 songs all named track1.mp3.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
itsJENmofo
_
12. July 2013 @ 06:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the response good to know i'm not the only one experiencing this .
I will start taking note of which files do this and redownload them. I use teracopy to copy files and always verify so i don't think copying is my problem. I guess i'll never really know. Thanks again for you input :)
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video playback problems > weird movie corruption?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork