User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 06:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for newbies > burning avi files with imgburn
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Burning AVI files with imgburn
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dweb175
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
16. February 2013 @ 15:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have used imgburn in the past to burn a video ts to a DVDR disc , but what about avi files in a folder ? I would like to burn 3 avi files that are 5 hours and 48 minutes on a 8.5 double layer disc and does this sound like a possibility ?

Your mind will quit before your body does .
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. February 2013 @ 15:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Do you want to burn them as data to play on a standalone DivX player or do you want to convert them to DVD movie format?

If they are simply being burned as data, then add up the size of the files and see if they are over 8GB.

If they are to be converted to DVD movie format, then five hours running time would fill a DL disk - you could run the new VIDEO_TS folder through DVD Shrink to get it to fit a DL - but you might lose some quality.
dweb175
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
17. February 2013 @ 22:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
Do you want to burn them as data to play on a standalone DivX player or do you want to convert them to DVD movie format?

If they are simply being burned as data, then add up the size of the files and see if they are over 8GB.

If they are to be converted to DVD movie format, then five hours running time would fill a DL disk - you could run the new VIDEO_TS folder through DVD Shrink to get it to fit a DL - but you might lose some quality.
I'm about to try another program to burn the discs . Iv'e ruined too many discs with imgburn in the past and I'll keep you updated .

Your mind will quit before your body does .
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for newbies > burning avi files with imgburn

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork