Show topics

Forums
Forums
DVD-R question
  Jump to:

Posted Message
BostonBrian
_
12. January 2014 @ 16:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I been burning to dvds for years and i have never came across this problem. I recently bought a new computer and it has a dvd drive and i also have an external hp lite on burner. The burning has been ridiculously slow! It has to be the discs because i tried a couple of my brothers Sony DVD+R blanks and they work perfect. I bought a 50 Pack of Verbatim 16x DVD-R and its been taking 2 hours for every burn. All the copying and converting goes extremely fast. Tried one of my brothers Sony 16x DVD+R and the burn was extremely fast (Maybe to fast) lol.. I also tried some Memorex 16x DVD-R same problem.. 2 hour burning :( Is it the DVD-R??? Brand?? any help would be great thanks.
Advertisement
_
__
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
12. January 2014 @ 16:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Highly unlikely to be the dvd-r format,4gb isn't much data to burn,it's been a while since i burned movies to dvd-r it usually is the same amount of time for dvd+r say 30mins maybe 45 well under an hour anyway,when a burn goes slow it may have something to do with a setting that needs to be changed tho it doesn't explain the fast burn,however i've found the setting it's DMA ,the rest of the post mentions incd which is part of nero however i personally have never had an issue with it tho it's an unnecessary software,other option try imgburn,its in software section

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-...ning-dvd-r.html

edit:websearch brought up these posts below also in future use a topic heading that very briefly describes the issue,say as an example "dvd-r media takes 2hrs to burn" or "dvd-r very slow to burn" etc
https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=dvd-r...pH7FOapiAeRlYEo

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. January 2014 @ 16:30

BostonBrian
_
12. January 2014 @ 16:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the help, i tried IMGBurn for a test and it burned a 4.3GB folder in 10 minutes. No idea why this program is running so smooth. Been using DVDFab & Convert X for years without a problem. Oh well guess i will be using IMGBurn its even FREE which blows my mind lol.. Thanks Alot!
BostonBrian
_
13. January 2014 @ 06:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
wtf second burn i try its back to 2 hours... This is ridiculous
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
13. January 2014 @ 11:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
most software that is paid usually has a free equivalent,filehippo,sourceforge,portableapps.com etc

I'm at a loss to suggest whats next other than a system roll back or driver updates,needless to say i suspect it's not a software issue

_
14. January 2014 @ 08:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Memorex has a reputation on afterdawn as the worse blanks you can possibly buy.
Verbatim are know to be excellent.
normally takes mine about 10- 15mins for a fullsize dvd.

I'm guessing its an issue with software and the external burner.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
6. June 2014 @ 13:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you can post a burn log that may show us what's going on with it.
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for newbies > dvd-r question

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork