User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 07:39
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for newbies > problem adding movies to a double layer disc
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PROBLEM ADDING MOVIES TO A DOUBLE LAYER DISC
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dweb175
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
2. February 2013 @ 22:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello to all , Apparently I'm just short of a little space adding 3 avi files that total 5 hours - 47 minutes to a 8.5 double layer disc that should hold up to 6 hours of video I would think . In the past with the right program Iv'e burned 3 movies that were over 5 hours on a 4.7 gb disc . Anyone know of a good program to maybe remove space from an avi file , and also the disc is not recognized by my drive and the drive will burn double layer as specified on it . I just replaced this drive a few months ago and it'll burn a music cd but tells me to keep inserting a disc when there's already one in regarding the DL 8.5 disc .

Your mind will quit before your body does .
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. February 2013 @ 06:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
. I just replaced this drive a few months ago and it'll burn a music cd but tells me to keep inserting a disc when there's already one in regarding the DL 8.5 disc .
Verify that it burns DL disks first.
Download, install and run ImgBurn.
Click 'Write files/folders to disc'.
Click 'Tools' > 'Drive' > 'Capabilities'.

dweb175
_
3. February 2013 @ 19:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
Quote:
. I just replaced this drive a few months ago and it'll burn a music cd but tells me to keep inserting a disc when there's already one in regarding the DL 8.5 disc .
Verify that it burns DL disks first.
Download, install and run ImgBurn.
Click 'Write files/folders to disc'.
Click 'Tools' > 'Drive' > 'Capabilities'.

Yes , my burner specifies directly on where the tray ejects out it'll burn double layer , and imgburn also did . I purchased this burner 4- 6 months ago and it was used , so maybe it needs to be replaced again . I'm not sure if the firmware I need now would be different with a different burner .

AfterDawn Addict
_
4. February 2013 @ 05:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Near the top of the 'Device Capabilities' screen, look for 'Firmware Version' - your burner's number is listed.
At the bottom of the screen, click 'Check For Firmware Update' to see if one is available.
dweb175
_
4. February 2013 @ 15:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Samsung TS-H652L

The following files are available for download for the drive:
Samsung TS-H652L
Version Date Filename
SC01 3rd April, 2007 TS-H652L_SC01.exe
0803 27th October, 2006 sp26842.exe
SC00 17th March, 2006 TS-H652L_SC00.bin

These are the only files listed and not one of them is 0603 that happens to be my firmware version . Does it look like I need to find another site or get another burner ?

AfterDawn Addict
_
4. February 2013 @ 19:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Try posting at the ImgBurn Forum.
Ask for help as to why DL disks are not being detected and mention the brand of disk that you are using.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=6e...1fe&showforum=6
Advertisement
_
__

_
dweb175
_
4. February 2013 @ 23:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
Try posting at the ImgBurn Forum.
Ask for help as to why DL disks are not being detected and mention the brand of disk that you are using.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=6e...1fe&showforum=6
I just resisted and posted a thread on my problem on forum.imgburn.com ... Thanks for your help .

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for newbies > problem adding movies to a double layer disc

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork