Show topics

Forums
Forums
Vob conversion
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Still_Learning
_
11. October 2012 @ 09:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My mom got sent some mini dvd's i need to convert it to a format to play on her tv.
mp4 or avi would be great!
those iso contain vob files, how do i go about it?
I am playing with virtual dob mod 1.5.10.3
i try to save as avi and direct stream but it does not allow, other options will not compress enough and the file will be humongous!

any help is really appreciated!
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
11. October 2012 @ 11:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AutoGK.
Load the .IFO associated with the VOB file(s) - VTS_01_0.IFO might be one.
Set the Quality.
Add the job to the queue.
You may have multiple titles on the Disk - so you would add VTS_02_0.IFO for title 2 etc.
Finally, press start to process each title.

Still_Learning
_
12. October 2012 @ 12:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i can copy the iso to my comp, but i cannot extract the vob out, i have tried many programs but all to no avail..

Iso buster is the only one that can see the file, but if i want a clean extract it says i need to purchase the full registration..

any other solutions?
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. October 2012 @ 14:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not clear what you mean.

Do you have physical disks or ISO image files.
Still_Learning
_
12. October 2012 @ 14:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
Not clear what you mean.

Do you have physical disks or ISO image files.
i have mini dvds that have iso files on them, i have extracted the iso files on disk, but if i attempt to get vob files directly from dvds it will not allow me!

//s14.postimage.org/bdbaasj7j/iso.jpg
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. October 2012 @ 15:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What does Windows Explorer show on the disk?

IsoBuster,I've used the free version to get files off an unfinalized disk.
Try the Options menu
Select "Image File"
Click the tab "ISO/BIN/TAO"
Uncheck both boxes
Close dialog window
Highlight VTS_01_1.VOB in the right pane and 'Extract user data'.
If it saves the image file, it should be able to load into AviDemux and save out as an MPEG file.
Still_Learning
_
12. October 2012 @ 16:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What does Windows Explorer show on the disk?

IsoBuster,I've used the free version to get files off an unfinalized disk.
Try the Options menu
Select "Image File"
Click the tab "ISO/BIN/TAO"
Uncheck both boxes
Close dialog window
Highlight VTS_01_1.VOB in the right pane and 'Extract user data'.
If it saves the image file, it should be able to load into AviDemux and save out as an MPEG file.
in the explorer it does not see the files, if i click show hidden ones it shows desktop.txt, i have unchecked those boxes and still it says to register...
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. October 2012 @ 16:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If Explorer cannot read any files, that is the symptom of a recorded disk that has not been finalized.
Any luck with IsoBuster?
Advertisement
_
__

_
Still_Learning
_
12. October 2012 @ 17:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If Explorer cannot read any files, that is the symptom of a recorded disk that has not been finalized.
Any luck with IsoBuster?
well i can download the whole thing to the disc, i just cannot find any program that will extract the iso...
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for newbies > vob conversion

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork