Show topics

Forums
Forums
electronics
  Jump to:

Posted Message
acdc347
_
16. August 2013 @ 11:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am attempting to create a beer pong table to have 6 players at the table at once,i would like a red light to be activated when the bottle is lifted and a green light to activate when the bottle is set down i have alot of parts but having trouble finding a good diagram or video,i am looking for a website to help me out.
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
16. August 2013 @ 12:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
use momentary contact switches so that when the bottle sits on the switch the green light comes on & when pulled off the red light comes on. you are looking at a parallel system with the power lines being the uprights of the ladder & the each rung of the ladder being 1 contact switch & 2 lights.
acdc347
_
17. August 2013 @ 02:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
use momentary contact switches so that when the bottle sits on the switch the green light comes on & when pulled off the red light comes on. you are looking at a parallel system with the power lines being the uprights of the ladder & the each rung of the ladder being 1 contact switch & 2 lights.
Thank you for the info, would there be a diagram i could set up on a breadboard to test this
ddp
_
17. August 2013 @ 16:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what are you using for power(ac, dc or battery(s) & the lights(incadescent, compact florescent or led)?
acdc347
_
18. August 2013 @ 11:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
what are you using for power(ac, dc or battery(s) & the lights(incadescent, compact florescent or led)?
I will be using an ac power supply and led lights at the cup location simpler the better
Advertisement
_
__

_
ddp
_
18. August 2013 @ 17:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
leds uses dc power unless you are using a power adapter that outputs to dc.
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > all other topics > electronics

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork