User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 02:14
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > all other topics > internet connection
Show topics

Forums
Forums
internet connection
  Jump to:

Posted Message
rtrg
_
11. October 2013 @ 13:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
For the past few days, EXCLUDING today, My computer loses internet connectivity. In the system tray a warning appears and REPAIR may or may not work. Also when I try to search the results page does not come up nor does any web site. In addition my mail client icon starts to MOVE as opposed to being STEADY until an email comes in when it FLASHES. All indicators that I need to reboot. This solves the issue until it reappears. EXCEPT today. I have been using this tower for several hours with no issue. Is it possible that my ISP had intermittent issues at THEIR end? Rebooting the modem and router was never an issue. It was always rebooting the tower that fixed the issue. Any insight would be welcome. At one point I installed a net card assuming the on board connection had an issue. I have not reconnected the on board yet. If the issue returns I will try that.
_
12. October 2013 @ 05:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
virus,malware seems the obvious one.
i had similar issues cause a system update didnt install properly.after reboot several times it installed and works.
extreme weather can affect signals at your end and at the isp end.
line damage can also happen.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
rtrg
_
12. October 2013 @ 08:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by xboxdvl2:
virus,malware seems the obvious one.
i had similar issues cause a system update didnt install properly.after reboot several times it installed and works.
extreme weather can affect signals at your end and at the isp end.
line damage can also happen.
Thanks for the insight. As of today the system is again up and running after a good nights rest. I will use it most of the day. So far so good.
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > all other topics > internet connection

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork