User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 04:08
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > all other topics > networking at college please help
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Networking At College please help
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Jlee14
_
28. November 2012 @ 16:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello,

I am a student at a university and I use their network to connect my xbox to xbox live. However even though I am able to connect, I get an error when testing my connection, saying that the NAT is set to "strict." Though I can play online, I cannot connect to anybody on my friends list, which is very frustrating because I play with friends from home while away at school. I have spoken with IT and he told me he can't set the NAT to open due to security reasons. Fine. Okay I get it. However after a little searching on the web I came across the method of "DMZ" - ing your xbox by logging into the router and setting a static ip. I spoke to the IT guy about this and he said he didn't think it would work on a big network but said he would try if I could email him proof that it would work and not compromise everyone else. So on to my question. Can someone with IT and networking experience please elaborate on if they think setting a static ip which I could input on my xbox would work on a college network? Any other ideas? I really would like to be able to play online with my buddies from home. Thanks in advance.

-Justin
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > all other topics > networking at college please help

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork