User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 11:48
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > best blank disc - or +
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Best blank disc - or +
  Jump to:

Posted Message
rgh
_
28. March 2013 @ 01:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What is the best disc type to use - or +. I only burn movies and have been using Sony 16CX DVD- disc's for a long time. A friend and I were discussing this and I told him I heard along time ago to use DVD- type discs & of course he asked where did I hear this and I can't remember? Which would be the best to use?
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. March 2013 @ 05:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Verbatim disks that say 'AZO' (that's the surface dye) on the package.

28 product reviews
_
2. April 2013 @ 21:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Also make sure they're made in Singapore.

Depends on what DVD Burner you have, but if you can go with DVD+R. DVD+R is the "newer" format, and more compatible with dvd-players.
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. April 2013 @ 00:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
As long as your DVD player was made in the last ten years or so, compatibility with either DVD+R and DVD-R doesn't seem to be an issue any longer.

Taiyo Yuden or JVC discs are the only discs that I've used in years . . .

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
_
2. December 2013 @ 19:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rgh:
What is the best disc type to use - or +. I only burn movies and have been using Sony 16CX DVD- disc's for a long time. A friend and I were discussing this and I told him I heard along time ago to use DVD- type discs & of course he asked where did I hear this and I can't remember? Which would be the best to use?
DVD+R:
7 to 10 years later some Movies print on it; The players have problems to read parts of it. While DVD-R is more reliable.

DVD-R are better:
1.- Since it is an older format it is more recognized by any player.
2.- You get less coasters.
3.- As your burner get older: DVD-R is your last leg.

Best Brands:
1.- Taiyo Yuden
2.- Verbatim [AZO]

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. May 2014 @ 14:44

rgh
_
6. December 2013 @ 04:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
As long as your DVD player was made in the last ten years or so, compatibility with either DVD+R and DVD-R doesn't seem to be an issue any longer.

Taiyo Yuden or JVC discs are the only discs that I've used in years . . .
Originally posted by Mrguss:
Originally posted by rgh:
DVD-R are better:
1.- Since it is an older format it is more recognized by any player.
2.- You get less coasters.
3.- As your burner get older: DVD-R is your last leg.

Best Brands:
1.- Taiyo Yuden
2.- Verbatim [AZO - Singapore]

After I read your post I saw some in the store Verbatim that were made in Tawain, are they OK?
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
7. December 2013 @ 18:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I had buy (last 5 on diff time: 100 spindles) lately: Regular (No AZO) Verbatim DVD-R [I think made in U.S.] Burning on 3 diff. Laptops and so far no coasters :)

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. May 2014 @ 14:48

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > best blank disc - or +

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork