Show topics

Forums
Forums
Cheapest DVD-R
  Jump to:

Posted Message
SweetPrissy3
_
8. March 2012 @ 06:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
where do you guys buy your blank DVD-R discs? I'm trying to stock up for a cheap price

i usually buy memorex never had a problem for years.. But this time i wanna try and find something cheaper and stock up.

any deals or sites i can look into?
Advertisement
_
__
_
9. March 2012 @ 00:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
google searching would be your best bet.i buy my blanks in a local cheapo shop for about $10 for 25 blank dvd-r in a spindle pack.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
SweetPrissy3
_
9. March 2012 @ 00:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
that sounds about what i pay for at walmart $20 for a 50 pack =\
ps355528
_
15. March 2012 @ 18:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
my experiences.. when you count the number which fail while burning, or lose data 6 months later.. verbatim of ty's.. the wastage with the others actually makes them PER WORKING UNIT more expensive :)

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
_
16. March 2012 @ 08:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by SweetPrissy3:
that sounds about what i pay for at walmart $20 for a 50 pack =\

www.supermediastore.com has a good selection on sale items,
www.newegg.com as well.
Don't forget the DVD Media sale thread running here in AD, another great source of info and sales.

Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. May 2012 @ 19:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you sit and wait you can even get verbatim for that. If you want to go REAL cheap go to ebay and get non branded ones from china. I got 500 for $20+ $50 shipping. Although you have to burn them real slow I haven't seen the problem with aging like I have seen with even Sonys. They look fine but even my best computer drive can't see the data. Only my lite-on recorder can even tell there was something on those disks. They look new burned but turn to garbage in 2-3 yrs.
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. May 2012 @ 20:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Mez:
If you sit and wait you can even get verbatim for that. If you want to go REAL cheap go to ebay and get non branded ones from china. I got 500 for $20+ $50 shipping. Although you have to burn them real slow I haven't seen the problem with aging like I have seen with even Sonys. They look fine but even my best computer drive can't see the data. Only my lite-on recorder can even tell there was something on those disks. They look new burned but turn to garbage in 2-3 yrs.
What are they? I have some SONYD21 (16x +R) media burned a few years ago that still plays fine but they had some junk discs.

Generally speaking, if you're not burning too much data to the disc then even the cheapest media isn't terrible. Doesn't mean I use it though!

Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
21. May 2012 @ 06:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ver 1.3 /1x - 16x is what they are labeled on the spindle. +R with a light-scribe face. The disk looks newly burned. I have seen some disks go bad if they were turned over and left in the sun but the die looks different. I am still hoping to recover the disk.
AfterDawn Addict
_
21. May 2012 @ 19:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well FWIW, I've generally always read LG and Samsung drives have been better at reading scratched/otherwise "unreadable" discs. I had an older LG drive that was a bit of a beast.

But yeah, UV from the sunlight interferes with the way the dye is layered on the surface of the disk (something along those lines), which is why they degrade quicker when left in sunlight.

Advertisement
_
__

_
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
21. May 2012 @ 20:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, the dye is photo sensitive. Even though sunlight isn't near as bright as a laser, the burn only takes a milisecond. Many hrs in the sun will wipe out the data or discolor a light scribe label.
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > cheapest dvd-r

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork