User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 20:18
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > copy dvd content to usb/pc when dvd plays only on dvd player
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Copy DVD content to USB/PC when DVD plays only on DVD player
  Jump to:

Posted Message
tanalam
_
20. May 2012 @ 02:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Greetings to All,
I have problem here and hope some of you could help me get out of this.
I have purchased few tutorial dvd. The DVDs work fine on my sony SR-650P dvd player
but it fails to detect in laptop. I tried Dell/Sony (Win 7 installed) and Mac PC. Only MAC was able to detect one DVD rest could not even detect one.
Now what I want is create of backup of the dvds on PC for later use. I can not go to the seller and ask for different dvd because I doubt it would make any difference to the dvd type.
Could you tell me options/possibilities to make a copy of my dvds on pc.

TIA
tanweer
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. May 2012 @ 05:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So the computer drives aren't seeing the disc at all, or it shows up (in My Computer, for example) but you cannot play the content?

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
20. May 2012 @ 12:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Ripper:
So the computer drives aren't seeing the disc at all, or it shows up (in My Computer, for example) but you cannot play the content?
Could it be an odd format?

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. May 2012 @ 13:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well it sounds like the drives aren't seeing the discs at all, which is strange, but I'm not sure if that's what the OP meant or not.

I was thinking perhaps there's a form of copy protection that's making playing it a problem. An odd format would probably throw up more of an issue playing on a standalone player than in a drive wouldn't it?

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
20. May 2012 @ 13:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Ripper:
Well it sounds like the drives aren't seeing the discs at all, which is strange, but I'm not sure if that's what the OP meant or not.

I was thinking perhaps there's a form of copy protection that's making playing it a problem. An odd format would probably throw up more of an issue playing on a standalone player than in a drive wouldn't it?
Back in the 98 days I burnt like 10 CDs that would not read on other 95/98 machines found out was missing a layer or something god its on the tip of my toung ><

Dammit I canna remember ><

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.
Advertisement
_
__

_
tanalam
_
20. May 2012 @ 23:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi All,
The situation is like as follows.
->I tried it first on my Dell Inspiron E1505 it showed the detecting icon (the rotating CD sign) which stays there for a while and then disappears. (This one has Windows Vista)Nothing detected at the end.
->Then I tried it on Sony Vio.In this it detects the dvd but shows empty.(This one has WIndows 7)
-> Then I tried on Linovo IBM machine It straight aways says the format in the disc is
not understood by windows. (This one has windows Vista)

-> Then I tried on Mac PC. It was able to play one dvd but not the second one.The one it was able to play was also browseable and showed AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders.

I have a set of 10-12 DVDs from the same provider. It is kind of tutorial, a classroom recording.

Finally before going back to the content provider I though of checking it with a DVD player . I used sony DVP-SR650P, and random I checked 5-6 DVDs and all played fine. I skipped chapters RW/FF all was fine.

Then I used this tool dvdinfo pro to find out the type of dvd and it showed DVD-R.
And this is the final status.

And I am sort of stuck at this juncture, short of options. My aim is to have content copied on Laptop.

TIA
tanweer
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > copy dvd content to usb/pc when dvd plays only on dvd player

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork