Show topics

Forums
Forums
cprm compatible dvds
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jollygrn
_
21. April 2014 @ 14:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a Toshiba DR430KU dvd recorder; the manual states that movies with copy protection (cprm - copy once) can be recorded on dvd-rw disks that are cprm compatible. I know it works; I had some TDK disks that recorded fine. Bought some new disks; doesn't work, gives an error message. Tried several brands whose disks are supposed to be cprm compatible, same results. Seems that they are available in Japan but not in US. Amazon Customer Support found me some dvd-r that are compatible. Toshiba Customer Support can't tell me whether they will work or not; he told me that there might be a difference in the manufacturing process. Can anybody tell me if there is a difference between -r & -rw disks other than write once & write many times before I spend $40 on disks that may not work?
AfterDawn Addict
_
21. April 2014 @ 18:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If the recorder can burn DVD-RAM disks, that might be an option as they can be recorded many times.
The disks have to be cprm capable, these ones say they are.
http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/94166/BLANK...LM-AF120LE3.asp
I don't know the media code for those disks or whether they are available in your location.
You might consider posting at the VideoHelp site.
I've seen questions about cprm in the past.

http://forum.videohelp.com/
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > cprm compatible dvds

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork