User User name Password  

Friday 7.6.2024 / 23:55
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > do i dare ask about labeling discs?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Do I dare ask about labeling discs?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Scotttt
_
18. October 2010 @ 16:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've been burning dvds for a few years now with DVD Shrink and Decrypter and have been using various Avery Inkjet labels due to Avery's attempt to find a suitable media. On a few occasions I might encounter a playback issue. With my budget players, COMPUSA dvd+r's and the Avery labels, it would be hard to focus on the cause.
I don't see any threads on labeling, so I'm probably opening a can of worms. Go ahead and throw me your opinions and info on labels if possible.
Bottom line, I love the look of a full color pic label when reviewing my library and go to great lengths even to find a replacement jpeg images when the original dvd has none.
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. October 2010 @ 20:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A label can't compare to a printable disk.
In the US I think your restricted to Epsons (unless you can cross the border into the Dominion to pick up a Canon Pixma).
When I used labels, I found the best setup was the Staples kit - their applicator was the superior to any others I had tried.
JoeRyan
_
19. October 2010 @ 09:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Paper labels on DVDs shrink and expand with humidity enough to cause tilt problems with DVDs. In time every DVD with a paper label on it will fail. This does not happen with CD-Rs because of the thicker, single substrate, the wider tracks, and the larger pit sizes.

Polyester labels will work for DVDs because they do not absorb water and are not prone to expansion and contraction as paper labels are. Ink-jet printable DVDs are probably the best choice, but they can be smudged unless they are the water-resistant types offered by Taiyo Yuden or Imation.
Advertisement
_
__

_
2fast4u2
_
31. December 2010 @ 16:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I print with a canon ip4500, google it and you can find out how to activate dics printing, then on ebay you can purchase the necessary disc tray which holds the disc while printing. Works great.
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > do i dare ask about labeling discs?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork