afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > sony dl dvds
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Sony DL DVDs
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
22. July 2011 @ 14:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So I normally buy Verbatim DL 2.4x DVDs but BB had some Sony DL DVDs (2.4x) on sale and I picked those up. Turns out my older set top DVD player doesn't seem to like the Sonys. Is it that these Sony DLs suck vs. Verbatim or am I'm doing something wrong? I burn both brands at 2.4x speed BTW.

AfterDawn Addict
_
24. July 2011 @ 14:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sony packaged disks are from two manufacturers the one with the MKM 001 coding are made by Verbatim.
If the ones you have are Ritek coded, you probably have the answer.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia?dvdmediasearch=sony&dvdmediadvdridsearch=&type=11&size=8.5&dvdburnspeed=All&order=Name&hits=50&search=Search+or+List+Media
_
25. July 2011 @ 12:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I believe they're MKM 001s. I played the disc on our newer BR playr and it worked so it's the older dvd player that seems to have issues with this disc.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > sony dl dvds

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork