Show topics

Forums
Forums
Subtitles
  Jump to:

Posted Message
anon5
_
12. November 2012 @ 18:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey,

I just downloaded a movie so I could watch it this weekend,
just it gives me only an AVI, NFO and SRT file.

I guess these three should be bound together to make the movie complete with subtitles audio video and everything what's supposed to be in there.

Besides I don't know if AVI is the most common extention for playing on a standard DVD-player.

Is it possible to put these files together and convert it into a guaranteed comatible extention?

My VGA cable of my DVD-player won't fit my notebook so I really need it burned on a disk.

Thanks a lot :)
Vato
_
12. November 2012 @ 19:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by anon5:
Hey,

I just downloaded a movie so I could watch it this weekend,
just it gives me only an AVI, NFO and SRT file.

I guess these three should be bound together to make the movie complete with subtitles audio video and everything what's supposed to be in there.

Besides I don't know if AVI is the most common extention for playing on a standard DVD-player.

Is it possible to put these files together and convert it into a guaranteed comatible extention?

My VGA cable of my DVD-player won't fit my notebook so I really need it burned on a disk.

Thanks a lot :)
Firstly an .avi file is a common (video file format) used these days (a little old but not that old).
.NFO file is just like a text file which has usually info about the people who uploaded the .avi file and info about the .avi file like size, format, audio channels etc (you don't really need this file at all).
Finally an .SRT file is the subtitles file which you can either merge with the .avi file together (by using a certain program) or use programs like VLC , Zoom Player and other video players and be able to play the file from your computer. All you need to do is have both files in the same folder.
If you want to creat a dvd you will need to use programs like like avi2dvd to create a dvd of the movie together with the subs.
But usually not so old dvd players should be able to play .avi files all you need to do is burn the .avi and .srt files together into a dvd and put it into your dvd player and thats it.

A little reading and searching on the internet will do you some good. Instead of being lazy and waiting for someone to hand out the info for you (this is how we learn) in my opinion. All this info is here on this site as well just use the search bar next time :)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. November 2012 @ 19:05

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. November 2012 @ 06:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
If the avi uses either the DivX or XviD codec and the resolution of the video is no larger than 720x756 and the standalone player sports a 'DivX' logo, then it will probably be ok.

This example:
The file has an .avi extension.
The frame size is 576 x 320.
It uses the XviD codec.
It meets the requirements listed above for video.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > subtitles

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork