User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 06:27
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > tdk-r disc - can't read track
Show topics

Forums
Forums
TDK-R Disc - Can't read track
  Jump to:

Posted Message
mingul
_
27. December 2010 @ 16:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello to all here,

Allow me to introduce myself, I am Vlad a collector of sports videos.
The reason I am disturbing you here has of course something to do with my collection.

A small part of it was burned on DVD-R discs from TDK. The DVDs have never been used for playing but only burned once, checked immediately after burning and also transformed into an image to check the discs were error free. Once this steps were accomplished, they were stored in proper conditions.

A short time a fellow collector wanted a football match from me and I wanted to create the image and help him with his collection as well. In that moment I had a most unpleasant suprise as Windows showed the disk as blank with no file structure whatsoever. I have dug in in my collection instantly and in the end I found about 10 discs that all have the same problems and characteristics.

The brand that has completely failed me is TDK-R discs (metalized blue colored). Not all of them are with problems but is too big of a coincidence to observe this problem at 10 different discs.

Now, I have tried CD-Roller, Iso Buster on some discs and I managed to recover my vobs.

However still 3 discs in my collection are absolutely unreadable. All the softwares show them as empty disc, drive not ready etc. I have read before on forums that other users experienced the same problem with this TDK Brand and I wondered if anybody has found a solution.

The physical symptom of my drives is like the drive will not roll the disc properly (compared with the discs that were saved...which were rolled ..noisily I could say)

Please help me in order to recover my data for my collection...of course if possible, I just have to find a way to see my file structure.

Best regards,
Vlad
Advertisement
_
__
ps355528
_
29. December 2010 @ 23:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
solution? tdk disks are trash.. theres the solution.. treat them like the rubbish they are. they lose data

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
mingul
_
4. January 2011 @ 00:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Seems they are trash indeed. However...is there any chance of recovering these ones?
I have started replacing them one by one.

Is Sony a reliable brand?

Regards,
Vlad
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. January 2011 @ 14:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sony discs are fine for general use. You may try your old TDK discs in other drives/your friend's drives, and see if they are able to read them and recover the data - sometimes particular drives are more "picky" than others when it comes to bad media.

JoeRyan
_
6. January 2011 @ 16:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm a bit confused: the discs you are describing as "blue" would be CD-Rs, not DVD+/-R discs. (TDK is not "trash" as some claim. They are CMC CD-Rs (same as Verbatim CD-Rs) or CMC or Ritek DVDs.)

You don't mention your recording software or drive, both of which are big factors in determining how well a disc can be recorded. Getting more information from you may help you more in determining the problem and figuring out a solution than simply castigating a particular brand with little evidence.
Advertisement
_
__

_
mingul
_
27. February 2011 @ 09:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello. Sorry for such a late reply, however my e-mail never prompted me for your replies. The disks that caused my problems are discs created with a DVD-Recorder (standalone) LG RH177. Not all the TDK's have problems, however some simply show as blank, even if never used (just tested after burning by creating an image on my computer).

I suspect that some of the discs might have been burned at that time (when I was a newbie) with the fast option, however I simply cannot understand why discs that worked, that have never been used after their initial burn, or maybe used for a maximum one time, appear as blank now). I have tried them in about 6-7 drives, including LG and TDK drives.

I only hope that a more intelligent software will solve my problem in the close future. I just need to see the vob files on them and to extract them of course in any format:)

Best regards,
Vlad
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > tdk-r disc - can't read track

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork