User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 20:51
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital camcorders > a few questions from a noob,please help...
Show topics

Forums
Forums
A few questions from a noob,Please help...
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Greezmunky111
_
17. February 2012 @ 20:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I really hope someone can help me with this.I've searched the net for days w/ very little help...

I've recently been given an Samsung SC-D453(NTSC) From a friend,after recording and editing w/ just a digi-cam for quite some time now.Here is what was wrong w/ it when I 1rst got it.
1.When recording,the lcd screen would freeze up/pause.
2.It would only record between 1-3 seconds @ a time.
3.The memory card would allow me to view the pictures already on the card,not the videos.
4.Memory card would not let me delete the files from it.

Soooo I re-formatted the Memory card,and downloaded all the drivers I can find + a manual.
I am now able to record w/o the screen freezing,but am getting an 'write error' or an 'read error' in playback mode.I also still cannot view my videos on my computer.I get an "The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." message.The memory card is recoding in .AVI format(I know it would be better to get firewire so I can get MPEG-4)and I've tried opening it w/ multiple players.Even re-naming the file extensions just to see if I got lucky.

I'm running 32 bit XP,and the only thing I haven't been able to find is the exact codec for that(samsung site says theirs is for vista,but XP was in the zip file.So I'm not sure if it gave me what I needed or not,but I do not believe so.).

I really hope someone can point me in the right direction so I can get this thing working properly.Sorry for the long post,but I didn't want to leave anything out.Thanks in advance!

P.S. I'm new to camcorders,but I'm not just a point and shooter.I already do editing w/ the little bit of tools I have.I'm really into vintage/retro look/sound,but I do occasionally like to imitate a more modern film look.I mainly edit my own music videos.You can check them out @ youtube(dot)com/user/greezmunky111
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital camcorders > a few questions from a noob,please help...

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork