User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 18:42
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital camcorders > camcorder to laptop help needed
Show topics

Forums
Forums
camcorder to laptop help needed
  Jump to:

Posted Message
drewer332
_
7. July 2013 @ 15:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi gang need some help I have a growing collection of holiday films on MiniDV tapes
and want to get them onto my laptop, I'll then store them and convert some to DVD.
I have a Sony DCR-HC51 handycam and a Samsung Laptop with windows 7. Unfortunately the
laptop hasn't got a firewire card like my old pc had. I got an EasyCap off ebay but the free to download software isn't very good so I need to know the following
1. Best way to hookup my handycam
2. Best software to use to transfere
3. If the transfer software doesn't do it best software to convert to dvd discs

Thanks in advance
Andy
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
8. July 2013 @ 05:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ddp
_
8. July 2013 @ 20:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if have a pc slot on side of laptop then can get a firewire card to fit in it to connect to camcorder.
drewer332
_
10. July 2013 @ 16:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
if have a pc slot on side of laptop then can get a firewire card to fit in it to connect to camcorder.
Thanks for the replies ddp unfortunately no PCMCIA slot on my laptop and yes will check that site attar
AfterDawn Addict
_
11. July 2013 @ 00:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by drewer332:
Originally posted by ddp:
Thanks for the replies ddp unfortunately no PCMCIA slot on my laptop and yes will check that site attar
Get an old desktop, with XP, and a firewire port, and use that. It will probably be better than your laptop, anyway.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce - Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Computer: Intel Core i7-920 Nehalim;Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Advertisement
_
__

_
drewer332
_
12. July 2013 @ 15:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for your advice I might have to try and repair my old desktop to do my
video editing on
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital camcorders > camcorder to laptop help needed

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork