User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 22:22
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital camcorders > capturing digital 8 to computer
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Capturing Digital 8 to computer
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
28. September 2011 @ 12:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm using Pinnacle 15 to capture digital 8 to my computer and was wondering what format would be best to keep it on my hard drive? I would like to store it all on my computer and then go back and edit later, is it best to save it to a specific format or can I create a DVD file or windows media file that I can later edit and burn to a DVD?

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard, AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor, G.SKILL Ares Series 32GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory, ASUS Black 12X Blu-ray Burner.
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. September 2011 @ 10:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Agent0008:
I'm using Pinnacle 15 to capture digital 8 to my computer and was wondering what format would be best to keep it on my hard drive? I would like to store it all on my computer and then go back and edit later, is it best to save it to a specific format or can I create a DVD file or windows media file that I can later edit and burn to a DVD?
Save at whatever the highest quality setting is. DV-AVI is the best for my miniDV video camera.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce - Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Computer: Intel Core i7-920 Nehalim;Asus P6T Deluxe V2
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital camcorders > capturing digital 8 to computer

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork