User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 16:55
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital camcorders > did my camera or computer go bad?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Did my camera or computer go bad?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jlacck
_
2. November 2011 @ 20:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello, I'm somewhat new here (haven't been on the forums since 2005). But I had a question regarding my situation.

Today I was in the middle of transferring video via DV from my old camcorder (Sony DTC-TVR130) when I sat up and accidentally tripped the camera over. The screen on my computer went blank but the camera kept playing the video. After several tries of reconnecting (upon rebooting my computer), the computer no longer recognizes my camera by name. As a result, my software programs cannot capture the video input anymore.

At first I thought it was the firewire cord, but when I tested it on my dvd recorder, the video shows up through the DV inputs with the cord. Next I suspected something happened to the firewire card, so I took it back and exchanged it for a new card. The computer still doesn't recognize the camera when I connected it to the new card.

I even switched the card around in the pci sockets and still nothing happens. I'm at lost for what could have happened here. Does anybody have any ideas of what the culprit could probably be?

By the way: The device manager shows that the computer recognized the firewire card. So I suspect its probably not the firewire card. Also, when I plug the camcorder into the computer, this shows up on the device manager:

"61883 Class device"

I'm not sure what this means, but whatever it is, my computer still won't capture from my camera.

Would any one care to chime in?
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital camcorders > did my camera or computer go bad?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork