User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 03:54
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital camcorders > how do i convert mini dv tapes to dvds without the camera?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
How do I convert mini DV tapes to DVDs without the camera?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
MandiJune
_
17. February 2013 @ 14:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I also used to have a Sony miniDV camera.How do I convert the tapes to DVD without the camera? I sold the camera.
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. February 2013 @ 22:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by MandiJune:
I also used to have a Sony miniDV camera.How do I convert the tapes to DVD without the camera? I sold the camera.
I don't think it is going to happen. See if you can borrow a video camera that will play those tapes, and capture them, as DV-AVI files, to your computer with a capture software of your choosing.

You can then burn the files to a DVD.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce - Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Computer: Intel Core i7-920 Nehalim;Asus P6T Deluxe V2
_
19. February 2013 @ 05:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i had to look on google what you meant by miniDV (but i know the things basically a mini vcr tape,havnt seen them in years).

if you have the video tape that holds the mini one for playback on a standard vcr hook the vcr up to a dvr and should be able to record.

if you can get the tape to play back there are several options for recording it on a computer.usually capture card in your computer and dual output to your moniter and tv.

and yes if you can get hold of the video camera that would work too.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
Advertisement
_
__

_
MandiJune
_
19. February 2013 @ 21:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you guys but I found out walmart now has a service that they send the tapes off and they can put up 2 hours or 2 tapes on one DVD for like $20.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital camcorders > how do i convert mini dv tapes to dvds without the camera?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork