User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 19:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital camcorders > minidv tape to imac
Show topics

Forums
Forums
MiniDV Tape to iMac
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Telavera
_
18. July 2012 @ 18:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Having problems transferring MiniDV Tape to iMac. Camcorer is Panasonic NV 38 - Latest iMac.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. July 2012 @ 18:20

AfterDawn Addict
_
20. July 2012 @ 23:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Telavera:
Having problems transferring MiniDV Tape to iMac. Camcorer is Panasonic NV 38 - Latest iMac.
I don't have a Mac anything, but you need to supply a little more information on why you are having a problem. What software are you using?

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce - Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Computer: Intel Core i7-920 Nehalim;Asus P6T Deluxe V2

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. July 2012 @ 12:22

Telavera
_
16. August 2012 @ 16:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by GrandpaBW:
I dont have a Mac anything, but you need to supply a little more information on why you are having a problem. What software are you using?
Thank you for your reply. My apologies for not replying sooner - I have been away. First - My initial problem was trying to connect my Camcorder (A Panasonic NV-DS38 that uses Mini DV Tapes) to my iMac, which has a software programme (iMovie 11) installed. The iMac has a number of input sockets on the rear, but I used a normal USB cable connecting the Camcorder (with the Mini Tape inside) to the iMac. It should have recognised the connected player, but didnt.

Since i posted the original post i have purchased another Camcorder (a Panasonic SD900) This records onto an SD card and records in HD (1080.50p). However iMovie does not read HD Progressive files, only interlaced (e.g. 1080.50i), which is a somewhat lesser resolution. I understand that the 1080.50p resolution is a little ahead of its time, and the hardware needs to be improved to meet the higher standards of the software. There are many who state they cannot tell the difference better progressive and interlaced. But the progressive is undoubtedly superior.
Originally posted by GrandpaBW:
I don't have a Mac anything, but you need to supply a little more information on why you are having a problem. What software are you using?
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital camcorders > minidv tape to imac

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork