User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 07:08
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital video discussion for mac users > [help] .mkv files to dvd5 (avc/avchd)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
[Help] .mkv files to DVD5 (AVC/AVCHD)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
mnsg
_
22. April 2011 @ 20:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello

I have a number of .mkv files that I would like to burn to DVD5.

Some are a standard resolution so they can be burnt to DVD5 to play on a normal DVD player. I would imagine that this would be easy.

The issue is involving the other files that are 720p or 1080i/p
These obviously will not play on a regular DVD player at this resolution but I have a PS3 so I should be able to play them on that as an AVCHD DVD-r.

I have had a long look on this forum and others and there is very little with regards to doing this on a mac. The one program i saw crop up was TSmuxer however this does not work on OS X 10.6 which is what I am currently running.

So - my questions are:

1. What is the best way to burn .mkv files to a DVD without losing quality (for standard def vids) ?
2. How do I do the same but to make AVCHD disks?

Again all on a mac running 10.6. Thanks in advance - I know there are some geniuses out there!!

Happy Easter

Yo
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital video discussion for mac users > [help] .mkv files to dvd5 (avc/avchd)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork