User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 04:27
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd2one forum > trying to open/convert iso files to avi
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Trying to open/convert ISO files to AVI
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
1. March 2011 @ 19:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I had a 7z file/movie that is now unzipped and is an iso file. when i click on it, nothing happens. I have read all the post and blogs but I cant get the file to convert. I need to convert this so it can be an avi file. Even a mpg/mkv. AT least I can still convert those to a dvd. But the iso file is more difficult.

IM asking ANYONE who can please help me, i would so greatly appreciate it
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. March 2011 @ 06:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A DVD iso file can be played back on the PC using VLC media player.

You can open the .iso using DVD Shrink.
Run DVD Shrink and click 'File' > 'Open disc image'.
If it loads ok, click 'Backup' and save the output to a folder.

Run AutoGK and select as the input, VTS_01_0.IFO from the folder.
Set an output location.
Set the Target quality at 75, Add Job and Start
bank66
Inactive
_
5. March 2011 @ 08:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i need to have a file for the i-link9000p any help
ddp
_
5. March 2011 @ 22:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bank66, try starting your own thread about your problem as hijacking another member's thread is a forum rule no no.
ps355528
_
6. March 2011 @ 22:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dead useful as well.. isn't it.. what file and what hardware even.. hahahahaha

now as to the original question.. converting an iso to an avi file.. forst off the iso needs to be mounted.. now IF you have nero already installed .. or alcohol120% it's easy.. load the file on one of the virtual drives, then shove any dvd ripper or handbrake.. or I found a nice little tool called Bitripper which did a nice job for somebody.. if no nero or virtual drive engine then theres a free thing that amazingly microsucks made and works (gasp.. it really does.. believe) http://blog.godshell.com/blog/archives/26-Windows-XP-ISO-Mount-Utility.html

problem solved..

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
9. March 2011 @ 18:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Do You Just Want to Burn This to a DVD?
If So You Can Do That Without Converting It to an AVI. Use Imgburn.

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd2one forum > trying to open/convert iso files to avi

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork