User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 03:09
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > can i copy data to another original xbox, old one is dead
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Can I copy data to another original Xbox, old one is dead
  Jump to:

Posted Message
tuhoeta
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
3. May 2011 @ 08:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry I didn't know what forum to put this in.
Can I copy data to another original Xbox, old one is dead and I want the music and games, I'm a complete newbie, I cant even work an Xbox, but these are the grandkids machines, one is dead the other is a good runner but has just the original stuff in it I've put another working PSU into the dead machine but it still doesn't work. Remember I know nothing about this stuff
Advertisement
_
__
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
3. May 2011 @ 13:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The good news the data can be rerieved in fact if the good box is mod chipped you can simply plonk the drive in it & i think same goes for a softmod,HOWEVER i would advise AGAINST it at this point till you know what mod you have either hardmod or softmod & whether the hard drive still has the eeprom on it from the buggerd box,someone will be along soon to point in the right direction

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. May 2011 @ 13:19

ddp
_
3. May 2011 @ 17:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
moved to correct forum.
tuhoeta
_
3. May 2011 @ 19:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
moved to correct forum.
sorry, where has it moved to, im desperate to get this done
tuhoeta
_
3. May 2011 @ 20:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
The good news the data can be rerieved in fact if the good box is mod chipped you can simply plonk the drive in it & i think same goes for a softmod,HOWEVER i would advise AGAINST it at this point till you know what mod you have either hardmod or softmod & whether the hard drive still has the eeprom on it from the buggerd box,someone will be along soon to point in the right direction
that sounds like me, but how to ascertain what mod, i have no idea
thanks
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
3. May 2011 @ 20:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Modchips have a extra switch installed on the outside either on front or back,i was assuming the old one was modded,the games you speak of did they require a disc to be in the dvd tray if answer is yes then neither boxes are modded & they games are nothing more than save points to restart where one left off

tuhoeta
_
3. May 2011 @ 22:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
There are no extra switches on either machine that I can see, and I have no idea about the games, but there are games disks here so I presume they have to be inserted, then as you say they're only save points, so I really only need the music, cos there are heaps, whereas the good maachine has very little in it. How do I proceed from here then
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
4. May 2011 @ 01:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The game saves can be rerieved by using a one of these http://www.consoleshop.com/product.php?productid=16168 ,there's plenty of info on accessing the drive on the xbox round this part of the forum & what to extract,so don't throw that drive away as for the music i've never ripped a cd with it as i use ftp from the comp as my boxes are chipped,no doubt there'll be a menu when you boot up find the music section & try ripping a cd or just get the kids to do it or whoever put them on there

tuhoeta
_
4. May 2011 @ 06:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The game saves can be rerieved by using a one of these http://www.consoleshop.com/product.php?productid=16168 ,there's plenty of info on accessing the drive on the xbox round this part of the forum & what to extract,so don't throw that drive away as for the music i've never ripped a cd with it as i use ftp from the comp as my boxes are chipped,no doubt there'll be a menu when you boot up find the music section & try ripping a cd or just get the kids to do it or whoever put them on there
I was hoping to just put the old HD into the good machine, its mainly the music though, and I dont really wsnt a CD, I want to be able to play it on the other Xbox
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
4. May 2011 @ 13:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
then it will have to be modded

tuhoeta
_
5. May 2011 @ 11:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
then it will have to be modded
Oh my gosh, how do I do that
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. May 2011 @ 13:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
read tuts in the xbox hardware forum or get someone local to do it,i'd recommend a hardmod

tuhoeta
_
7. May 2011 @ 06:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
how much would a hardmod cost, and do you know anyone in Whangarei who could do it
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
7. May 2011 @ 07:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > can i copy data to another original xbox, old one is dead

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork