User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 07:50
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > mp4 files
Show topics

Forums
Forums
MP4 files
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dean69
_
27. January 2011 @ 15:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi there

i downloaded a mp4 file which i thought should play on my xbox but doesn't
but if i have a mkv file and convert it too mp4 it work's...?

does anyone know why that is

Dean
brandonba
_
25. February 2011 @ 02:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
did you download the codec from live? it should work then. mkv doesnt work on 360.
connect to live try to play the mp4 file and it will ask you if you want to update.
if you cant get on live go to microsoft site and search for the update and put it on a usb or burn it

28 product reviews
_
25. February 2011 @ 21:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes, I hate the live thing. If your offline, it will say it needs an update, you have to always be connected just to play the video file which is stupid really. If it still doesn't work, use a program called Handbrake, and use the Xbox 360 Preset Settings they have to convert the file to mp4.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/convert_video/handbrake_gui_win.cfm

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. February 2011 @ 21:34

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > mp4 files

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork