User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 01:42
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > recovery from error 21 (unlocking and retrieving my eeprom)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Recovery from Error 21 (unlocking and retrieving my eeprom)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Juicemang
_
31. July 2010 @ 14:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi guys, here's what I'm stuck with.
I don't really know how it happened, but just one day booting up the xbox and I'm greeted with Error 21. I backed up my C and EEprom on the xbox, but I don't have a copy on my computer. Now normally I could just FTP into it and get the backups, problem is that Error 21 doesn't allow the UnleashX dash to boot.

I've tried to hotswap and recover the drive but to no avail. I'm stuck with 1 more ace up my sleeve but I need help. I was thinking of using some tool to unlock the Harddrive in the xbox (I don't remember what it was called, if you know of the tool - please tell) and then using xplorer360 to obtain the files. From there, re-building the drive should be easy.

However, doing this is probably the coup de grace - so if this fails, then I'll have a paperweight. What program should I use to unlock the HD?

TL;DR - Xbox has Error 21, can't FTP to retrieve Eeprom and C:/ backup located in the E:/ drive.
Darknytes
_
3. August 2010 @ 19:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
By "tool" are you talking about XboxHDM 1.9?
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > recovery from error 21 (unlocking and retrieving my eeprom)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork