User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 20:16
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > swapping exact same dvd for another and flashing
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Swapping Exact same DVD for another and flashing
  Jump to:

Posted Message
tj_kirk
_
18. February 2011 @ 21:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Im new to all this fixing of xbox360s. I was quite proud of myself I fixed my first rrd and it worked fine for a few minutes until the dvd drive broke.

Ive been reading and I havent found the answer that im looking for. I found an exact dvd drive, same model number but the only difference is the last number on the part number.

x800473-016 is mine and the other is 015.

My question is do I have to flash that dvd since its the exact same except for the last number? If I do is there a link that will help me do this since I am a real newbie at repairing.

I should clarify one other thing. The dvd actually works but I have to crack open the dvd to change games. Is it possible to swap the guts on those things or fix em?

Oh one other thing. The replacement dvd is out of another xbox 360

Thanks for any help or advice.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. February 2011 @ 22:01

AfterDawn Addict
_
19. February 2011 @ 16:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Post in the Xbox 360 forums:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/152

This forum is for the ORIGINAL Xbox.

How to Stealth Patch Your 360 Games (Idiot-Proof Guide)-
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/732074
How to Burn a 360 Game (Idiot-Proof Guide)-
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/729303
tj_kirk
_
20. February 2011 @ 19:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have one other question. Ive been told by several people that it is illegal to flash a broken dvd for another. I find this hard to believe since the 360 is mine. I have tried to find someone who is more into this than I to do this for me but the response is that they could get in trouble for doing so. I dont understand why this is so since it is my 360 and I need it repaired. Can someone clear this up for me?
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > swapping exact same dvd for another and flashing

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork