User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 00:55
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - uk & europe > how to set up skybox f3
Show topics

Forums
Forums
HOW TO SET UP SKYBOX f3
  Jump to:

Posted Message
damasius
_
11. February 2013 @ 12:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by KMACDON:
Hey Mickah,

These boxes any good been a long time since I messed about with anything like this
For about 50 quid they are worth every penny.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
13. February 2013 @ 05:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
anyone try a wireless dongle in them?

darn24p
_
13. February 2013 @ 16:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have mickah im using it on my box in my bedroom it did not work well with the firmware it came with but is working spot on after i changed the firmware to the scooby_snacks image i watched 2 games of footy on it on sunday not a single glitch/freeze was perfect :)
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
14. February 2013 @ 05:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are you using a RALINK type dongle in it?

darn24p
_
14. February 2013 @ 17:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im using the 1 that came with the box it only has skybox wifi printed on it its working great and im using vermins super hub and there not the best for there wifi and its a good 35/40 ft upstairs from my super hub

i also like how the firmware that i used puts the channel list and names the fav groups also unlike the old openbox s10/11s that had to manually put in.

i have tried loads of boxes and for ppl just starting out and dont want to spend to much i would say u cant get a better hd box for the price £45/£60 depends if ppl want the wifi dongle with it or not the only thing that is up with it is no epg guide just whats on and whats next but to me a great small box for the bedroom/spare room just the thing for running away from the wife and kids when footy is on llf

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. February 2013 @ 17:14

Jon4
_
28. February 2013 @ 02:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am trying to enter the dot . In the password input wifi
pad.i have tried the 1 key this is ok for putting the line in

But cannot put the dot in on password input

Jon4
Jon4
_
28. February 2013 @ 02:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Jon4
Jon4
_

Jon4
freya2007
_
13. March 2013 @ 07:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have 2 f3s.ond if them works fine and the other one says scrambled... It worked Ok until Iwent on fibre optic .... Can anyone help please.
sb18180
_
13. March 2013 @ 11:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are you using a RALINK type dongle in it?

ralink work well with skyboxes. skybox wifi driver supports ralink. they are £4.75 from fleabay (aerial type).

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. March 2013 @ 11:06

jas76
_
18. March 2013 @ 13:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by e45:
not active is either your not connected to the s3rv3r or you have no net connection
Am i right in thinking this box has to be connected to the internet all the time ? What min speeds is suitable? Thanks
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
19. March 2013 @ 05:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if you want to use the box to get other chans then yes, for FTA chans etc, then no, a min speed of about 1 to 2 megs will do, dont forget you will be using your internet while the box is working, so if your downloading big files at the same time it may cause an issue

jas76
_
19. March 2013 @ 08:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks mickah, i used to have the old super box many moons ago and am thinking about getting another.. Just seeing which way to go,
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
19. March 2013 @ 10:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
they seem to be a good box by all accounts and for small money to,
jas76
_
19. March 2013 @ 11:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeh everything ive read so far has been all positive,
damasius
_
19. March 2013 @ 11:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by MICKAH:
they seem to be a good box by all accounts and for small money to,
I have one of this boxes that would not connect to the server no mater what I do. It connected once and then went off. I have done everything and thinking of flashing it with a null modem cable but can not find the firmware an instructions for that.
Help needed please.

ngd25
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
19. March 2013 @ 13:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Link to firmware here complete with chan and favs embeded

http://www.bradforddealer.com/download/....03.2013%20.rar

To load firmware on the F3/F5 you just place the image on a USB stick plug this into the box and select the USB menu and Upload select which file you want by pressing left or right in you case choose the image file tab and then press ok to flash

Enter ccam menu - Menu Network Local Settings and Press 6666

Recover the box from a bad flash
http://www.bradforddealer.com/download/..._Backup.rarJust unzip the file, Open the folder, then open EromUpgrade.exe.

Make sure box is switched off, then select your port, select your firmware image and tick the checkbox for include bootloader.

Press next, then switch on your box and follow the on screen procedures

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. March 2013 @ 13:31

damasius
_
19. March 2013 @ 15:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by MICKAH:
Link to firmware here complete with chan and favs embeded

http://www.bradforddealer.com/download/....03.2013%20.rar

To load firmware on the F3/F5 you just place the image on a USB stick plug this into the box and select the USB menu and Upload select which file you want by pressing left or right in you case choose the image file tab and then press ok to flash

Enter ccam menu - Menu Network Local Settings and Press 6666

Recover the box from a bad flash
http://www.bradforddealer.com/download/..._Backup.rarJust unzip the file, Open the folder, then open EromUpgrade.exe.

Make sure box is switched off, then select your port, select your firmware image and tick the checkbox for include bootloader.

Press next, then switch on your box and follow the on screen procedures
Thanks Mickah
The box flashes OK but same problem. Not connecting to server. I was trying to flash using the EromUgrade just incase but link is broken or something. Can you resend the link again please? I notice the yellow light on the network port is not flashing always.
Not sure if this means anything. I have setup quite a few of these but this ine is really heady.
Thanks in advance.

ngd25
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
19. March 2013 @ 15:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
here is the link to the page with the eprom fix on it,

http://www.bradforddealer.com/downloads.aspx

damasius
_
19. March 2013 @ 16:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks. I did get there and started the flashing. It keeps saying please reset target.
Step 2 download and nothing happens. Box switched off on and no lights on box

ngd25
damasius
_
19. March 2013 @ 16:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not sure what I did but it has connected to server. Will monitor and see what happens the next few days. Thanks Mickah for the assistance.

ngd25
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
19. March 2013 @ 16:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
no worries,

chauaa
_
23. May 2013 @ 16:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Mickah, I am new to these boxes and planning to buy two F5 boxes to be used in different rooms on a switch distribution. Please guide if F5 can be programmed the same way?
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
24. May 2013 @ 08:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bumped for users,

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
26. May 2013 @ 14:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi guys i have openbox 511.it was working perfect but yesterday appears on the tv screen scam scam box and after while box switched off automatically.after that i tried hard but my box dosnt work.please can any body help me thanks

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - uk & europe > how to set up skybox f3

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork