User User name Password  

Saturday 18.5.2024 / 23:31
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > download of an embedded video
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Download of an embedded video
  Jump to:

Posted Message
grace75
_
19. December 2010 @ 16:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, I hope this is the right place to post my request!
I'd like to download the video in this page: http://www.tlavideo.com/details/dspTrailer.cfm?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=480&width=700&id=316649, but it seems to be impossibile for my (admittedly non-existent...) skills.

The streaming quality is actually terrible and this is the main reason why I'd like to download the file: watching it online is nearly impossible, even if I let it load (which is difficult to do, because the embedded player has no loading indicator).

The few things I was able to ascertain are that the actual swf file in the page is a container and, via the object inspector in google chrome, that the video played in the container is an mp4 video by the name of 4249_GS_Disarm_720x480at169_MP4.mp4

I tried with a ton of the most popular browsers add-ons and video download softwares, I even tried a couple sniffers to find out the real url, but no results.
Softwares to record a live stream are of no use, because as I said the streaming quality is very poor.
Is there anyone who could help me? And maybe explain (in veeeeeery simple words...) how to solve the problem? I'm far from being an expert, but I'd like to understand how things work.

Thank you in advance and apologies for my English, which is not my native language.

Grace
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > download of an embedded video

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork