User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 18:42
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > dvd / blu-ray drives > "incompatible medium" error with vista and dvd decypter
Show topics

Forums
Forums
"Incompatible Medium" error with Vista and DVD Decypter
  Jump to:

Posted Message
CompNo
_
12. November 2013 @ 11:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello!

I recently installed an LG bluray writer (WH14NS40) in my Vista system. It reads blank dvds, audio cds, and blu-rays perfectly. It also reads burned dvds that I have previously shrunk using dvd decrypter and dvdshrink (using another dvd-writer).

I have just discovered that it does not read store-bought dvds. VLC player, Windows Media Player, and dvd-decrypter will not recognize the dvds, giving me the error

Device Not Ready (Incompatible Medium Installed)

I am assuming this is a region issue, or some new copyright issue that I am experiencing for some reason since installing the drive, but I have no idea what.
The fact that it reads burned dvds tells me that it's not the dvd-format itself that is the problem. I updated to the most recent LG firmware after experiencing this problem, but the problem remains.

Any help would be most appreciated.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. November 2013 @ 11:28

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. November 2013 @ 15:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does Device Manager list the current region of the burner?

CompNo
_
12. November 2013 @ 19:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes, I changed it to "Region 1," from either "0" or a blank box (I can't remember).

Edit:

The problem is temporarily fixed using the Microsoft "Fixit" tool here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems

Unfortunately, once I eject the disc and reload it, the original problem returns.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. November 2013 @ 19:27

AfterDawn Addict
_
12. November 2013 @ 20:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Try the hardware forum at Videohelp.
There is a BluRay sub forum.

http://forum.videohelp.com/forums/4-Hardware
Advertisement
_
__

_
CompNo
_
12. November 2013 @ 23:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
Try the hardware forum at Videohelp.
There is a BluRay sub forum.

http://forum.videohelp.com/forums/4-Hardware
Ok, I've posted my question there as well. Thanks.
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > dvd / blu-ray drives > "incompatible medium" error with vista and dvd decypter

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork