User User name Password  

Sunday 28.4.2024 / 20:05
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > dvd / blu-ray drives > blu ray drive issue
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blu ray drive issue
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
7. May 2014 @ 12:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So I'm a newb at installing blu ray drive. I noticed that my blu ray player can't play blue ray by default and requires a software for blu ray to work. The problem is that after I install the software it crashed my PC and ever since then every time I boot my OS it crashes at about 30 seconds even in safe mode. Did I do something wrong ?
rulisky
_
7. May 2014 @ 12:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What specific software did you install? Probably need to uninstall it. Try VLC. It is free and works perfectly. You could try DVDFab Media Player 2. I think it is free, too.
_
7. May 2014 @ 13:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I thought it was the drivers to enable blu ray play. Does it usually play blu ray by default ? Also the software are cyber link power DVD and 3d stuff . I don't think the software are causing the crash but it only start happening after I install the software. Btw the software came with the blu ray drove itself. Also I just noticed another symptom. The programs I install does not appear on the "uninstall control panel "

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. May 2014 @ 13:15

Advertisement
_
__

_
rulisky
_
7. May 2014 @ 20:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Once you insert your disc, navigate to that drive and right click on it. Look for the Open With choice and choose your default program for that type of file. Or you can your open your Player, ie. VLC, and choose which file, folder, drive to play each time.

Try looking for the "Folder" created by the software on your Start button. Hopefully you will find an Uninstall choice there. Or navigate to the Folder of that program and look for an exe file like "unins000" for example. That would be the target uninstall file if there were an option under Add Remove Programs in your Control panel.

There are other more radical ways to remove a program but you may not want to attempt those if you are unfamiliar with regedit.
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > dvd / blu-ray drives > blu ray drive issue

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork