User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 13:57
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > dvd / blu-ray drives > dvd burner tray out of machine, help !!!!!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
DVD BURNER TRAY OUT OF MACHINE, HELP !!!!!
  Jump to:

Posted Message
oldkraut48
_
5. January 2013 @ 11:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Had something weird happen to my DVD burner last night. The tower sits under my computer desk and had just ejected a disk from the burner. I momentary forgot that the tray was out and as I turned in my chair my knee hit the tray and it went flying out onto the floor. I tried to put the tray back in the burner and have got it back on the rails so it slides in and out. But it will not work right. If I go into my computer,click onto the DVD drive and pull down the menu and click eject the DVD light will come on and the tray will come out about an inch. If I try to press it back in I will hear gears grinding. I am not afraid of things that are mechanical,but would like to have as much info as I can get before I tear into this thing. The machine is a fairly new HP and I believe that the burner is also an HP although there are no manufactures logos on the front that I can see. I have been on youtube and found how probably to get the case apart once I remove it from the machine ,but not much of anything else. Anyone out there had the same situation and come up with a fix? Hate to scrap the drive as like I've said it is fairly new. Thanks.

Ted
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > dvd / blu-ray drives > dvd burner tray out of machine, help !!!!!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork