Show topics

Forums
Forums
dvd playing
  Jump to:

Posted Message
rtrg
_
28. January 2012 @ 22:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Issue is that dvd does not play correctly. The cursor and control panel "FLASHES" as a cars directional signal does using VLC player. For WMP 9 the title photo IS displayed as are the title list, the control panel indicates playing but there is NO dvd picture. I am using cdec 7.9 from COLE2K.net, the only one that works. It is NOT the drive, I doubt it is the player, the PLAYER MENU appears with a list of players, it is NOT the dvd itself, as the disc and same player will work in other systems. I doubt it is the board since the system works in all other respects. On board audio works. All 3 drives are detected. It is not the ribbon. Both drives are set to CABLE SELECT as always. This is a mystery to me. This is a spare tower so I can live without a player. I even removed and reinstalled PLAYER 9 on the off chance that the player was bad. Swapping hard drives does not sove the issue either. Reloading the OS will probably not work either, plus I dont want to mess up a working system. I used my new xp cd for sp3. Results no different than sp2 cd. Sp3 needed to be installed later as was IE8. All help welcome.
rtrg
_
12. March 2012 @ 06:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
RONYMAC--- I am not sure if I understand what you are saying. Is this a SOFTWARE program I download that mkes my dvd rom drive capable of playing ANY dvd copy protected or not regardless of region? I ask because I am running XP, with WMP9. I downloaded the codec from COLE2K.net to make the player function. Unlike VLC and the earlier WMP 6.4, P9 does NOT include the mpeg2 decoder(codec). It took me months of trial and error to find it. By accident no less. Also I have a number of towers, all DELL, all running XP, all with P9. A given disc will play using P9 in tower1, but but NOT in tower2. "ERROR< CANNOT PLAY COPY PROTECTED< COPY WRITE ERROR" or similar. The SAME disc wil play in tower 3 and 4. The SAME disc MIGHT play in tower2 another time! Go gigure. Also NONE of the discs I make using my stand alone will play in ANY tower regardless of format, +/-, r, rw, any brand of disc. Is this software supposed to fix all these issues? Details please.
_
12. March 2012 @ 09:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i'd update wmp to latest version and run k-lite codecs pack.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
Advertisement
_
__

_
rtrg
_
12. March 2012 @ 09:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I prefer P9 for its simplicity and the radio. I tried a number of K-LITE packs in the past and none worked. To my knowledge only 7.9 codec from COLE2K works. And it took me months to find it, by accident no less.
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > dvd / blu-ray drives > dvd playing

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork