User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 17:08
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > dvd / blu-ray drives > pioneer dvr-220bk vs samsung sh224bb/rsms
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Pioneer DVR-220BK vs Samsung SH224BB/RSMS
  Jump to:

Posted Message
DiNZi
_
27. February 2013 @ 08:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey there,

I've narrowed down my search for a Dual Layer burner to these two models and just can't pick between them.

There isn't much price difference between the two models where I'm buying from, they are both £14 pounds / $21 dollars. I have checked some places and I don't know if they are accurate but one isn't much newer than the other both released about October (Samsung) / November (Pioneer) time.

I'd appreciate it if you could help suggest which one is the better model to go for, thanks everyone!
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
27. February 2013 @ 17:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by DiNZi:
Hey there,

I've narrowed down my search for a Dual Layer burner to these two models and just can't pick between them.

There isn't much price difference between the two models where I'm buying from, they are both £14 pounds / $21 dollars. I have checked some places and I don't know if they are accurate but one isn't much newer than the other both released about October (Samsung) / November (Pioneer) time.

I'd appreciate it if you could help suggest which one is the better model to go for, thanks everyone!
Hi DiNZ

If you could give us a little more information we can asist you more going off brand names is not so easy everyone has different experiences with specs we can advise you which is better etc.

Just going off brand names i have used both and had no issues with either but am personally favouring Pioneer based on the length of life the piece of hardware has. I have had DVD burners in the past and even currently have got one in my current machine and its over 3 years old and it still manages to work with what ever program i use it with

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
DiNZi
_
27. February 2013 @ 17:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by borhan9:
Originally posted by DiNZi:
Hey there,

Hi DiNZ

If you could give us a little more information we can asist you more going off brand names is not so easy everyone has different experiences with specs we can advise you which is better etc.

Just going off brand names i have used both and had no issues with either but am personally favouring Pioneer based on the length of life the piece of hardware has. I have had DVD burners in the past and even currently have got one in my current machine and its over 3 years old and it still manages to work with what ever program i use it with
Thanks for your reponse mate, I have added the model of the drives to the Title of the thread, I did try and put up some links with the specs of both but it won't allow me to add any urls. Cheers for the info though, I do also think Pioneer is more reliable and I think I might be going with the Pioneer DVR-220BK but I'll give it a few days see if I get anymore responses.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
27. February 2013 @ 18:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey mate look at this link for details of the samsung drive looks decent

again its really up to you

http://www.samsung.com/ae/consumer/comp...w/SH-S222A/BEBS

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > dvd / blu-ray drives > pioneer dvr-220bk vs samsung sh224bb/rsms

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork