User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 01:05
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > dvd / blu-ray drives > please delete: recommend me a dual layer burner
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Please delete: Recommend me a Dual Layer burner
  Jump to:

Posted Message
DiNZi
_
26. February 2013 @ 06:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi there,

I used to have an old machine that I bought a couple of Pioneer drives for and burn many Dual Layer discs, various brands without any problems, the device used an IDE connector so when I changed machines, I couldn't use it again.

The new machine I have is SATA only, the drive it came with is an 'Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7200S ATA' drive which few days ago I attempted burning a couple of Dual Layers via IMGBurn and Nero at speeds x2.4 (says drive doesn't support this speed), x4 and x6 where 5 discs failed.

I know it's not my discs as I tried a disc from the same pack on my brothers machine using a 'PBDS DVD+-RW DH-16W1S' drive and it burnt successfully at x2.4 (which this one does support). I could take his drive, but it's a bit old and sometimes doesn't want to open up, so I'm considering buying a new Dual Layer drive.

Just to have been safe it would've helped if sites could also mention the slowest speeds some drives burn at, I have a feeling if my Optiarc drive could burn at x2.4 it would've worked.

Just like some suggests on a good, reliable dual layer writer drive I can get for under £25. I don't want to be buying a drive that arrives and discs fail to burn, I would also like one that supports x2.4 Dual Layer burning which is hard to verify on most sites.

Cheers!

PS: I just realised that if you look at the Media list for the Optiarc I'm currently using, it hardly supports any brands in the Dual Layer section. Link goo.gl/bBEr0

Any known brands/drives that support majority of the brands out there? I'll be using Sony, TDK, Imation discs.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. February 2013 @ 06:53

JST1946
_
26. February 2013 @ 08:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I Have a Samsung drive that work very good and also an LG brand.The only problem with the LG is that it doesn't like some brand of discs.I haven't had any problems with my Samsung at all.

This is the one that I have.I imagine they sell them where you live also.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/8...+Shipping+(USA)

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
DiNZi
_
26. February 2013 @ 08:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@JST1946 Thanks for the information, I will steer away from LG then, good to hear you have had no problems with the Samsung.

Ah, I know the model of the drive you have. I don't know if any others can help out but, what is the difference between the Samsung SH-224BB/RSMS and the SH-224BB/BEBE?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. February 2013 @ 08:53

afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > dvd / blu-ray drives > please delete: recommend me a dual layer burner

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork