User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 23:16
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > dvd / blu-ray drives > please recommend blu-ray internal burner for desktop
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Please recommend Blu-ray internal burner for desktop
  Jump to:

Posted Message
tuppence
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
10. July 2012 @ 21:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am buying a new desktop PC, and want to install a Blu-ray burner in same. Will use burner for (1) backup Blu-ray disks; (2) make HD movies; and (3) backup existing data files from computer. Prefer to be able to burn single & dual-layer Blu-ray disks.

Can you recommend a good, reliable, internal Blu-ray burner for the new desktop? Would like to get software (not OEM) bundled with the burner, unless there is little cost for third-party software.

Also, please recommend blank disks to use with the burner.

In case it is important, here are the specs of my new computer:

Dell XPS 8500
Intel i7 processor
Windows 7 Home Premium
12 GB RAM memory
2 TB hard disk
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 640 1GB GDDR5
DVD burner + Blu-ray reader
Dell ST2420L 24-inch Full HD Widescreen Monitor with LED
luggs53
_
6. January 2013 @ 06:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi I bought a LG-BH10LS38 , found it to be brilliant for buning any discs, I also bought DIGISTOR blank discs 25 gig & 50 gig using the latest version of Imagburn worked a treat for me.
JST1946
_
6. January 2013 @ 07:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The only problem I have using LG brand of burners is that it doesn't recognize certain brands of blank discs. Maybe it was just the model I happened to buy although that can be a problem with any brand of burner.I also have a Samsung burner and it recognizes any brands of blanks that I use so far.Verbatim AZO is the best brand of discs to use and Memorex is probably one of the worst.

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
Advertisement
_
__

_
Trinath
_
1. February 2013 @ 07:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Try in sony... you can get it better for laptops

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. February 2013 @ 07:56

afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > dvd / blu-ray drives > please recommend blu-ray internal burner for desktop

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork