User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 17:01
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > dvd / blu-ray drives > slow speed when ripping dvds
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Slow Speed When Ripping DVDs
  Jump to:

Posted Message
rakrimes
_
22. May 2013 @ 15:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok so I was trying to backup a DVD to take on a trip with me and I just bought this computer it is a HP Pavilion G6 with a DVDRAM-GT50N DVD drive but when I go to rip the disc the max it rips at is 2.4x I have played with settings in the programs I was using and still the max it will rip is 2.4x. I believe I may be rip locked. Just wondering if anyone knows where I could get the firmware to flash my drive to unlock it.
Advertisement
_
__
_
22. May 2013 @ 23:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What program were you using to back-up your copy?

rakrimes
_
22. May 2013 @ 23:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Dvd2one, DVD shrink, DVD decrypter, clone DVD, dvdfab, and anydvd
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. May 2013 @ 06:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@rakrimes
I used the MediaCodeSpeedEdit tool to get an LG drive up to 16X read speed - but it may not work on your particular drive (HP version?) and it may end in tears if it kills the drive.
http://ala42.cdfreaks.com/MCSE/

ImgBurn is handy for locating available firmware (Tools > Drive > Check for firmware updates).
rakrimes
_
23. May 2013 @ 10:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sadly that is probably the only thing I did not do in Img burn lol. But I already tried that program to increase the speed but I couldn't any firmware online for my drive. So ill give the Img burn thing a shot
rakrimes
_
23. May 2013 @ 10:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ attar ok so I did the check for firmware update with img burn and the website it took me to gave me a list of 117 different results for my drive. my question is can I use any of them to use with MediaCodeSpeedEdit? I also attached a screenshot of the results.

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/u32n0avq8b2cexz/Results.jpg[/img]
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. May 2013 @ 12:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I would guess that you would have to go to the HP site to find it - I assume ImgBurn gave you the version number you should be looking for.
rakrimes
_
23. May 2013 @ 13:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yea went to HP they have nothing for the disc drives that I can find.
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. May 2013 @ 15:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Post at the VideoHelp site - in the burner forum.

http://forum.videohelp.com/forums/22-DVD-Blu-ray-Writers
rakrimes
_
23. May 2013 @ 16:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok i will
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. May 2013 @ 13:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If the burner uses Renesas chips, you might be able to rip the firmware with the flasher program (link below)to a .bin file:

http://mingersoft.com/blog/2012/05/hacking-a-burners-firmware/

Then modify it with MediaCodeSpeedEdit, then reflash the modified .bin with the flasher.
rakrimes
_
24. May 2013 @ 14:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok so at the command prompt part I can't seem to figure out how to get the flasher to work I have installed the dvd identifier but I cannot access the flasher thing
rakrimes
_
24. May 2013 @ 14:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok got the command prompt to work but it failed to find pattern and failed to get firmware info

and I did run it as admin so I guess mine does not use the renesas chip
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. May 2013 @ 15:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes;I have two LG drives and found that it worked with one and not the other.
Advertisement
_
__

_
rakrimes
_
24. May 2013 @ 15:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yea tried on my desktop just to see and got the same results failed to find firmware info.
here is a screen of it.

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdmoa0m2lxbw70r/Flasher.jpg[/img]
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > dvd / blu-ray drives > slow speed when ripping dvds

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork