User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 21:28
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > dvd / blu-ray drives > what to consider for 2012 blu ray burners?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
what to consider for 2012 blu ray burners?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
super611
_
2. March 2012 @ 13:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i am looking to get a blu ray burner for ripping and burning blu-ray and regular dvds. i use anydvd and have anydvd hd as well. i read something about a new technology or issue to be concerned with for 2012 but totally forget where i read it. i believe it was something that would prevent you from copying and ripping. was it bitlock maybe??? anyway, can someone help me and recommend a blu ray burner for this year maybe even with lightscribe that will do what i want without problems?

thanks in advance
Advertisement
_
__
Creepers
_
28. August 2012 @ 16:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Did you buy one in the end? What were the results?
JST1946
_
28. August 2012 @ 16:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
HP burners support the lightscribe feature.They also come in the Bluray models with lightscribe.

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
super611
_
29. August 2012 @ 00:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I haven't bought one yet but I am looking at lg and lite ons. right now leaning towards the LG. I thought I saw one that has the light scribe feature. One person says it does another person says it doesn't. Don't know who to believe. I was going to call the manufacturer tomorrow and ask them. I basically want to take my Blu-ray DVDs and rip them into files on my hard drive. It's a lot easier for me to watch my videos that way. I'm a quadriplegic so it's a little more difficult for me to put DVDs in. Anyone have any recommendations on computers for ripping and encoding? I was looking at this link
Because I want something for a few games I have and for ripping and for my Windows media Center with my TV tuner. I have the ceton infinitv4 it's really nice. As of right now I'm using it on an HP m9040n. But its super slow. I believe I found a brand-new one on HP website with a few more specs for 20 bucks more. I'll probably just get the one site the site. i want a slot for a graphics card, tv tuner, and extra hard drives.
super611
_
29. August 2012 @ 10:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
wait. i thought you can just use a program like clonedvd or handbrake and rip the bluray and make it into an mp4 file.
JST1946
_
29. August 2012 @ 12:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
HP's come with the lightscribe feature. You can just get an HP with a Bluray reader/burner.I think you can use DVDFab HD decrypter.They have a free version.

http://www.dvdfab.com/hd-decrypter.htm

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
ddp
_
29. August 2012 @ 14:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
spammer spammed
Advertisement
_
__

_
mrslicker
_
15. September 2012 @ 10:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you plan on converting the blu-ray discs into, say, an mkv or m4v file, then processor ability is important (and I recommend looking into StaxRip for conversions).
If you want to just put them in storage on your HDD, then any computer equipped with a bluray drive should get the job done. Expect anywhere from 14-50 GB of storage to be used up per bluray.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. September 2012 @ 10:05

afterdawn.com > forums > pc hardware > dvd / blu-ray drives > what to consider for 2012 blu ray burners?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork