User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 21:09
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > any way round copy protection?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Any way round copy protection?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Spooked
_
21. May 2014 @ 04:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi all.
I want to make a backup of a DVD, The Complete Motorcycle Theory and Hazard Perception Tests.
I tried burning it with Nero whilst Any DVD was running in the background.
All seemed to be working fine (needed to use DL disc)
I tried running the newly burnt disc and thought it was working when a message popped up stating that it had been detected as a pirate copy.
I've never seen this before.
I've had it where you can't burn it in the first place but not burn it and then get this message.
How do they do that? Really clever.
Anyhow, I then tried DVD Shrink with Any DVD in the background but get an error about not being able to open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file.
Is there any way around this?
It's not a big issue if not as I can load the whole thing onto my HDD but it's over 5GB and I would prefer to use the disc so a copy would be handy.
I'm more interested in what sort of protection this is.
Thanks.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. May 2014 @ 04:11

rulisky
_
21. May 2014 @ 15:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Never saw such a message myself. You can try DVDFab or BluFab. I think the trial versions are free and functional at least to try.
_
21. May 2014 @ 15:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Spooked:
...then tried DVD Shrink with Any DVD in the background but get an error about not being able to open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file.
Is there any way around this?
...I'm more interested in what sort of "protection" this is.
Thanks.
Use the lattes version of DVDFab-9
http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm

How to used it, after the free trial expire:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-35/..._dvdfab-971204/

Happy burning 2014.

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. May 2014 @ 15:44

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > any way round copy protection?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork