User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 02:38
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > can i extract some of a dvd9?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Can I Extract Some of a DVD9?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
abrogard
_
5. November 2013 @ 15:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have been trying to back up a DVD9 to DVD5 and I can't. I tried DVDShrink and it made a disk my computer will play but not my standalone dvd player. I tried DVDRebuilder and the same thing happened.

The DVD9 exists as files on my computer, put there by DVD Decrypter.

I was wondering if I could/should pull out one or two of those big >1G .vob files and burn them as separate movies. Perhaps that would work better?

Would that be a good idea? What could I do it with?
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. November 2013 @ 20:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DVD Shrink:select 'Re-author', drag 'Title 1' from the right to left pane then click on the double arrow thingie and select the chapters for the first part and 'Backup'.
Clear the left pane and repeat for the rest of the movie.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
6. November 2013 @ 13:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
There is a tutorial in guides section if you need more info for shrink

would pay to set output size to custom & type 4485 in shrink

for individual titles as attar mentioned:
use shrink's "cut front & end frames" to reduce the movie size even further,reducing overall size increases overall quality as it will require less compression

another option if your insistent on backup of a whole dvd9 is to run menushrink & delete the backup folder menushrink creates it also makes navigation faster

other option is use dvdfab customize which allows removal of individual useless titles while keeping rest of dvd intact including menu,again it would pay to run menushrink first before editing dvd with fab

final option forget about shrinking from 9 to 5 (< that's funny right there.. :p) & create mkv's instead with vidcoder

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. November 2013 @ 13:45

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > can i extract some of a dvd9?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork