User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 22:01
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > cyclic redundancy check
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Cyclic Redundancy Check
  Jump to:

Posted Message
DrSteveC
_
30. July 2013 @ 21:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am trying to back up some Disney/Pixar DVD's to my PC. A couple of them had some scratches and some minor play back pixelation and gave me a cyclic redundancy check error using DVD Shrink and a general fail error with DVD Decrypter.

More recently I tried another disc which is clean, free of scratches and plays back fine and got the same error, although DVD Decrypter just hung for 5 minutes before crashing out.

I have tried it with both my regular DVD-RW drive and my BR drive to no avail.

Any thoughts on if it is the disc, software or something else?

Thank you!
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
31. July 2013 @ 13:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If your using XP and an ide burner you might want to check to see if it has fallen out of DMA.
Also, DVD Decrypter Tools > Settings > I/O > Options.
Set Read error retries 0
Check ignore read errors.
And let it run on the disk.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 31. July 2013 @ 13:41

DrSteveC
_
31. July 2013 @ 21:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you - I will try the ignore errors trick.
DrSteveC
_
9. August 2013 @ 23:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Unfortunately the fix didn't work. But I tried a pristine disc and was able to rip it fine. So, it must have been the first disc.
Thank you!
ddp
_
10. August 2013 @ 00:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
who makes the disks?
Advertisement
_
__

_
DrSteveC
_
10. August 2013 @ 10:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have no idea but I had particular problems with Toy Story 2 and 3. They play fine in the DVD player, but were not rippable.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > cyclic redundancy check

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork